Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delete the filtered records

How to delete just the filter records? I had tried a few times, sometime it
work and sometime it doesn't. After filtered the column in Excel 2007, select
the invible records and right click the mouse and select "delete", it will
delete all the invisible records too in between the lines.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have had a similar problem and it seems that it is a new way that the
autofilter function works in excel 2007, the two options a-

Select the individual filtered rows by clicking on them and holding the CTRL
key and then deleting them

OR

Presing CTRL +G Visible cells only Deleting those cells, although this
will delete the header row also.

I'm sure the way that the autofilter is now working is an oversight by MS as
I continuely go back to Excel 2003 to delete filtered data.
--
Paul Mugleston

"VCKW" wrote:

How to delete just the filter records? I had tried a few times, sometime it
work and sometime it doesn't. After filtered the column in Excel 2007, select
the invible records and right click the mouse and select "delete", it will
delete all the invisible records too in between the lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul,

Option 2 is better as I am having a big list... To prevent the header row
get deleted, I will hide the row 1st before I proceed to use Ctrl+G. Agreed,
this is something to do with MS.

Thank you!
VCKW
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Paul,
U can first Filter the data and then hide the header row and the other rows
u dont want to delete. Then select the visible cells only and delete the
rows. if u r doing this regularly then make shortcut of Select Visible cell
command on the toolbar and make group of header row.
Grouping of rows can be done through DataGroup and OutlinesGroup/Ungroup
Shortcut can be done through ToolsCustomizeCommands tab. U can make
shortcut of both Select visible cell and Group/Ungroup.

"VCKW" wrote:

How to delete just the filter records? I had tried a few times, sometime it
work and sometime it doesn't. After filtered the column in Excel 2007, select
the invible records and right click the mouse and select "delete", it will
delete all the invisible records too in between the lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Found this article on the knowledge base that may be useful, seems MS know
about it, although it is unclear if they are going to fix it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928974/en-us

--
Paul Mugleston
Data Officer from the UK