Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Same Recovered Excel Files Continue to appear in Recovery Pane

How can I stop the same two Recovered files from appearing in the recovery
pane. I have saved them over and over and yet the recovery pane continues to
appear with them.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools|Options|Save Tab
(xl2003 menu system)

Notice the location of the autorecover save location.

Close Excel
Go to that folder using windows explorer
delete all the *.xar files

I've never seen them not disappear, for what little that is worth.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What I would question is why are you getting the Recovery Pane coming up so
often.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

OutsourceMR wrote:

How can I stop the same two Recovered files from appearing in the recovery
pane. I have saved them over and over and yet the recovery pane continues to
appear with them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about using Windows|search and look for *.xar files?

Or let excel recover the files and then type:
=cell("Filename",a1)
to see what's returned?

OutsourceMR wrote:

How can I stop the same two Recovered files from appearing in the recovery
pane. I have saved them over and over and yet the recovery pane continues to
appear with them.

--

Dave Peterson

--