Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default countif question

I having trouble to counting, in how many languages each book from my book
list is written in. I have 5 languages and 34 books. Books are listed in
b9:b34, the title of each language range c9:g9. A list of available language
or presented for each row.

I need to how can I use the countIf function to count how many books are
available in each language?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the language range supposed to be C9:G39? If a book doesn't exist in a
paticular language, is the cell left blank? If so, you could probably do a
COUNTA function to determine how many books are written in that language.

Ex. =COUNTA(C9:C39)

This will give the total number of books written in the language in column
C. If row 9 contains headers then: COUNTA(C10:C39)

HTH,
Paul