Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JP JP is offline

Default Lookup, vlookup and macros

Hello,

I have a large database of apartments that are being rennovated. There is a
column that clicks a 1 for every apartment that is over a certain numbers of
days in rennovation. I would like to be able to export a list of every row
that has a 1 in that column into a different sheet in the notebook. The
obvious challenge here is that vlookup could work, but it would create a list
as long as the current list it. I would like, instead, to only show the 29
(in this case) apartments that currently have a one in them, and then export
those rows and only those rows to a different sheet. I know I would need a
macro, but I have tried recording many different ways and none of them seem
to do exactly what I want.

The sheet with the Formulas is callled formulas, and then column with the
1's is called Over?. I would like to export the list of the 29 rows with 1's
in the Over? column into a sheet called Exceptions, and I want the data to
start populating at cell A14.

Any ideas?

Thanks much!

Jp
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

One way:

you can filter (Data Filter Autofilter) your data based on the column
that has "1" and then simply copy the filtered data in another sheet.

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat