Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JKR JKR is offline

Default How to create multiple new workbooks based on sort criteria

I have a worksheet with multiple columns. After the data has been sorted
(say descending by column L - lets say column L is the customer name). Is
there a macro that can be run that would automatically save a sheet named for
each unique occurrence in customer and have just the rows for that customer,
saving as many sheets as there are unique customer names?

Thanks in advance for any help that you may be able to offer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi JKR

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"JKR" wrote in message ...
I have a worksheet with multiple columns. After the data has been sorted
(say descending by column L - lets say column L is the customer name). Is
there a macro that can be run that would automatically save a sheet named for
each unique occurrence in customer and have just the rows for that customer,
saving as many sheets as there are unique customer names?

Thanks in advance for any help that you may be able to offer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JKR JKR is offline

Ron,

Thanks so much for your help. I tried this yesterday and it worked like a
charm.

"JKR" wrote in message ...
I have a worksheet with multiple columns. After the data has been sorted
(say descending by column L - lets say column L is the customer name). Is
there a macro that can be run that would automatically save a sheet named for
each unique occurrence in customer and have just the rows for that customer,
saving as many sheets as there are unique customer names?

Thanks in advance for any help that you may be able to offer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JKR JKR is offline

Ron,

Thanks again for your help. The function produced 65 files. All of the
files seem just fine, except that some of the files do not have an XLS
extension (about 24 files). I cannot figure out why. Can you point me in
the right direction to have all of the files created have the XLS extension
or what to look for?

"JKR" wrote in message ...
I have a worksheet with multiple columns. After the data has been sorted
(say descending by column L - lets say column L is the customer name). Is
there a macro that can be run that would automatically save a sheet named for
each unique occurrence in customer and have just the rows for that customer,
saving as many sheets as there are unique customer names?

Thanks in advance for any help that you may be able to offer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JKR JKR is offline

Hi Ron,

I had sent you an e-mail 10-25 with an attached Excel file that you could
look at. Please let me know if you have received and if you have had a
chance to look at it.

Thanks!

Jackie

"JKR" wrote in message ...
I have a worksheet with multiple columns. After the data has been sorted
(say descending by column L - lets say column L is the customer name). Is
there a macro that can be run that would automatically save a sheet named for
each unique occurrence in customer and have just the rows for that customer,
saving as many sheets as there are unique customer names?

Thanks in advance for any help that you may be able to offer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi JKR

I update the macro on my site to avoid problems with the extension.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm#workbook

Sometimes you must help Excel to think <g