Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hide cell formula without password protecting sheet

Hi All,

I would like to hide my formula without password protecting the sheet. I
know that there is a vba that should work. If you select say, cell A1 the
formula is =sum(b1:L12). Instead of seeing the formula I want to see the
value $312.51
Can a vba acheive the result without password protection?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the formula bar you cannot hide the formula without protecting the worksheet.

You can change the formula to a value if you don't need the formula again.

Copy and Paste SpecialValuesOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:55:06 -0700, checkQ
wrote:

Hi All,

I would like to hide my formula without password protecting the sheet. I
know that there is a vba that should work. If you select say, cell A1 the
formula is =sum(b1:L12). Instead of seeing the formula I want to see the
value $312.51
Can a vba acheive the result without password protection?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks but I don't want to condemn the formula by cut and paste. I want to
hide the formula using vba but I don't want to password protect the sheet at
all. I do not want to password protect the vba either. I would like to select
the cell and see the value not the formula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hide the formula using vba but I don't want to password protect the sheet

You don't have to password protect the sheet, but you do have to protect it.
Of course, all a user would need to do is unprotect the sheet to see the
formulas. There is really no point in hiding the formulas if you don't use a
password -- one mouse click and the user can see everything. There is no
other way. Basically it is password and hide or no password and no hide.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"checkQ" wrote in message
Thanks but I don't want to condemn the formula by cut and paste. I want to
hide the formula using vba but I don't want to password protect the sheet
at
all. I do not want to password protect the vba either. I would like to
select
the cell and see the value not the formula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. I thought you had to use a password in ordet to protect the sheet!