Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autosaved

Hi,

I've just started using Excel 2007, which is a new and interesting
experience, and now I'm seeing a few AutoSaved files scattered among
my other files. I've searched the Internet and Microsoft, and so far
I've been unable to determine what's triggering this. Does anyone
have any ideas? Thank you,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel saves these files in an attempt to prevent you from hurting yourself
by not saving. If for some reason, power goes off for example, Excel will
get the last autosave file to help you prevent losing whatever changes you
made to your workbook. You should save your workbooks regularly; some people
do it every 5-10 minutes. If you don't save regularly, autosave is there to
help you.

"Dave" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi,

I've just started using Excel 2007, which is a new and interesting
experience, and now I'm seeing a few AutoSaved files scattered among
my other files. I've searched the Internet and Microsoft, and so far
I've been unable to determine what's triggering this. Does anyone
have any ideas? Thank you,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tyro,

Thanks for your reply. I knew about the XAR backup file that Excel
generates, but couldn't figure out where the Autosaved file came
from. I was under the impression that Excel generated it directly,
but now I see it comes from the XAR file when in Recovery mode.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, appreciate it.

regards,

Dave