Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Time and Date Question

I have column A with date (mm,dd,yyy) I would like excel to
calculate....the first day of the month following 3 months after the
date entered.

In other words, date entered is 10/07/2007, excel should return
February 1, 2008. 3 full months would be January 7, 2007 (or8th) and
the answer returned should be the 1st of the next month after 3 full
months.

Thank you all so much for all of your help on my numerous posts! This
is a fabulous group of professionals always willing to help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Oct 7, 8:17 pm, wx4usa wrote:
I have column A with date (mm,dd,yyy) I would like excel to
calculate....the first day of the month following 3 months after the
date entered.

In other words, date entered is 10/07/2007, excel should return
February 1, 2008. 3 full months would be January 7, 2007 (or8th) and
the answer returned should be the 1st of the next month after 3 full
months.

Thank you all so much for all of your help on my numerous posts! This
is a fabulous group of professionals always willing to help!

Actually, better stated would be rounded to the beginning of the
month following 90 full days of the date on column A. For Example, an
employee would be eligible for medical coverage on the 1st of the
month after 90 days of employment

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 01:23:01 -0000, wx4usa wrote:

On Oct 7, 8:17 pm, wx4usa wrote:
I have column A with date (mm,dd,yyy) I would like excel to
calculate....the first day of the month following 3 months after the
date entered.

In other words, date entered is 10/07/2007, excel should return
February 1, 2008. 3 full months would be January 7, 2007 (or8th) and
the answer returned should be the 1st of the next month after 3 full
months.

Thank you all so much for all of your help on my numerous posts! This
is a fabulous group of professionals always willing to help!

Actually, better stated would be rounded to the beginning of the
month following 90 full days of the date on column A. For Example, an
employee would be eligible for medical coverage on the 1st of the
month after 90 days of employment

=A1+123-DAY(A1+90)-DAY(A1+122-DAY(A1+90))

or, perhaps easier to understand:

=DATE(YEAR(A1+90),MONTH(A1+90)+1,1)

The above formulas are very literal to your specifications. In other words, if
the 90th day of employment is 5/1, the date will be rounded up to 6/1.
--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=DATE(YEAR(A1+90),MONTH(A1+90)+1,0)+1

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wx4usa" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have column A with date (mm,dd,yyy) I would like excel to
calculate....the first day of the month following 3 months after the
date entered.

In other words, date entered is 10/07/2007, excel should return
February 1, 2008. 3 full months would be January 7, 2007 (or8th) and
the answer returned should be the 1st of the next month after 3 full
months.

Thank you all so much for all of your help on my numerous posts! This
is a fabulous group of professionals always willing to help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 18:46:00 -0700, Mike wrote:

Try this
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3,1)

Did you try this solution?

Aside from the fact that the OP changed his original request from 3 months to
90 days, your solution rounds down and doesn't work on the example the OP gave.

--ron