Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Master worksheet/page

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to create master worksheets/pages like you do
in Publisher? I'm creating a report and I want to use a master worksheet for
all sheets/pages in my workbook.

Thanks,
femfrog
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You could copy the Master worksheet and place the copy at the end, then
rename the copied sheet.

Or, after making your master sheet save it as Template with enabled macro if
it contains macros. Each time you open the template Excel will open it with a
filename+1 that means it is a copy of the original file.

Yara
"femfrog" wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to create master worksheets/pages like you do
in Publisher? I'm creating a report and I want to use a master worksheet for
all sheets/pages in my workbook.

Thanks,
femfrog

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure if this helps but: you can make a worksheet with requirement
formatting and them copy it as many times as needed. How? Hold down the CTRL
key and drag the tab of the 'master' sheet to the right, then drop. Repeat
was needed. Now rename each new worksheet.

Please note: a WORKBOOK is composed of SHEETS; these may be WORKSHEETS or
CHARTSHEETS.

In Excel we keep the word 'page' to refer to a printed page or a page as
displayed in print preview.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"femfrog" wrote in message

I'm wondering if it's possible to create master worksheets/pages like you
do
in Publisher? I'm creating a report and I want to use a master worksheet
for
all sheets/pages in my workbook.

Thanks,
femfrog

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You must create your own default template for workbookand/or worksheet.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew or
CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the
Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP