Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default compiling data with non-identical subjects

I have numerous workbooks which I need to compile in the following way: In
each of them, column A is a country name, and the further columns list
different stats about each country. I need all these workbooks to line up in
one page, however, the countries in each page are not identitcal, though
there is a lot of overlap.
For this reason, I cannot simply cut and paste the data responses to each
list.
Is there any way to tell the computer to do this, or do I need to go through
and do it by hand??
Please help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A macro can do this for you automatically. There ae a few questions that
need answering

1) Are all the columns the same for all workbooks except for column A in
each worksheet?
2) Are there header rows?
3) Do you want column A to contain the combined list of countries or do you
want Each Country to appear in a different column in the combined worksheet.

If the column are different for each country then manually creating a header
row for the destination sheet is the best way of performing the task. The
macro can compare the header row from each workbook and make sure the data
gets placed in the correct column.

The macro can also automatically create the combined header row. But the
order may not be what you want and you would have to manually adjust the
columns so they are in your prefered order.