Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Worksheet Consolidation - Repost requested

I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data
consolidation. The worksheets have product numbers in column A and sales
figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar which are column headers.
The worksheets are inproduct number sequence. Not all product numbers appear
on each sheet,
so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column", "labels in top
row"
and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline
form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number
sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and
their consolidated worksheet examples are not in sequence either although
their input sheets
are. Any ideas? Thanks.

Tyro

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

can't you just sort by product code on the consolidated sheet?
i tried it. you might have to add a column heading or two but it works and
it does not break your links to the original data
--
Allllen

"Tyro" wrote:

I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data
consolidation. The worksheets have product numbers in column A and sales
figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar which are column headers.
The worksheets are inproduct number sequence. Not all product numbers appear
on each sheet,
so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column", "labels in top
row"
and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline
form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number
sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and
their consolidated worksheet examples are not in sequence either although
their input sheets
are. Any ideas? Thanks.

Tyro

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, I cannot sort it. The consolidated sheet has product codes in column A
for the total rows and blanks in column B. The supporting detail rows have
blanks in column A and the sheet name of where the detail came from in
column B