Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Countif Problem

Okay, I've read through tons of threads, but nothing seems to answer my
question, or maybe I'm just not getting it.

I want to do a countif type formula to count all the rows where the value in
column G is bigger than column F.

=countif(G:G,""&F:F) obviously I have no idea how this is supposed to work.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=countif(g1:g:100,g1f1)

Where in this example, 1 is the starting cell of the range you are looking
at and 100 is the last cell in the range you are counting. G is the only
range, you are concerned with because that is the value you are interested in
getting a count on that meets the criteria you specify.
--
..

"Mike" wrote:

Okay, I've read through tons of threads, but nothing seems to answer my
question, or maybe I'm just not getting it.

I want to do a countif type formula to count all the rows where the value in
column G is bigger than column F.

=countif(G:G,""&F:F) obviously I have no idea how this is supposed to work.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

the simplest method is
=sumproduct(--(G1:G1000F1:F1000)
the --( changes the logical true false to 1 0
you can't use the G:G shortcut for a full column and the arrays have to be
the same size