Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto change to Bold Font

I have a database in Excel, 10 columns. In col 5, if input is "client", I
want that whole row to change to Bold Font.
How to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By using Conditional Formatting on the Format menu.

Debra Dalgleish explains more he

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 5, 12:50 pm, "Centrol" wrote:
I have a database in Excel, 10 columns. In col 5, if input is "client", I
want that whole row to change to Bold Font.
How to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Your a bit low on detail so I have assumed Column 5 of your databse is
column E so change to suit. Right click the worksheet, view code and paste
this in:-

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("E1:E100")) Is Nothing Then ' alter to suit
If Target.Value = "Client" Then
Target.EntireRow.Select
Selection.Font.Bold = True
Target.Select

Mike

"Centrol" wrote:

I have a database in Excel, 10 columns. In col 5, if input is "client", I
want that whole row to change to Bold Font.
How to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Mike. The deciding column is D. So this is what I paste :

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("D1:D100")) Is Nothing Then
If Target.Value = "Client" Then
Target.EntireRow.Select
Selection.Font.Bold = True
Target.Select

Nothing happened. Plse tell me what have I missed? Thanks