Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Xlveryhidden

Hi all,

Am at a loss here, upon opening my workbook i want a sheet to be
veryhidden, so as not to appear in the Fromat,sheet,unhide, list of
hidden documents.

was using the following code, but alas am getting the message below
the code

CODE

Sub Workbook_open()
Worksheets("Plan").Activate
Sheets("payroll").Visible = xlveryhidden
End Sub

ERROR MESSAGE

Compile error in hidden module: thisworkbook

HYCH

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Steve
With Excel 2003 (you don't mention your version):
xlSheetVeryHidden

You could also check the correct value for your sheet via the Property
window in the VBA Editor.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"K1KKKA" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi all,

Am at a loss here, upon opening my workbook i want a sheet to be
veryhidden, so as not to appear in the Fromat,sheet,unhide, list of
hidden documents.

was using the following code, but alas am getting the message below
the code

CODE

Sub Workbook_open()
Worksheets("Plan").Activate
Sheets("payroll").Visible = xlveryhidden
End Sub

ERROR MESSAGE

Compile error in hidden module: thisworkbook

HYCH

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh that is awful! In XP, xlsheethidden returns 2, in 2003 it returns 0.
Shame on them.

I wonder what xlsheethidden applies to?

--
HTH

Bob

"papou" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 5 Oct, 12:00, "papou" wrote:
Hello Steve
With Excel 2003 (you don't mention your version):
xlSheetVeryHidden

You could also check the correct value for your sheet via the Property
window in the VBA Editor.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"K1KKKA" a écrit dans le message de news:
om...

Hi all,

Am at a loss here, upon opening my workbook i want a sheet to be
veryhidden, so as not to appear in the Fromat,sheet,unhide, list of
hidden documents.

was using the following code, but alas am getting the message below
the code

CODE

Sub Workbook_open()
Worksheets("Plan").Activate
Sheets("payroll").Visible = xlveryhidden
End Sub

ERROR MESSAGE

Compile error in hidden module: thisworkbook

HYCH

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, yes am using office 2003

have adjusted and works

many thanks

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Bob

Our friend was trying "xlveryhidden" which obviously could not work if I
understood his message correctly.
Now my mistake as regards versions.

Cordially
Pascal

"Bob Phillips" a écrit dans le message de news:
Oh that is awful! In XP, xlsheethidden returns 2, in 2003 it returns 0.
Shame on them.

I wonder what xlsheethidden applies to?

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"papou" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But it is still bad Pascal that they have changed a constant value over
versions. I always warn people about using the RIGHT constant for this very
reason, but never really expected it to happen. (I also used to warn people
to use Rows.Count rather than 65536, but again I didn't really think that MS
would ever increase the number of rows. Guess I am not much of a sage :-))

--
HTH

Bob

"papou" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't understand.
I have office2003 std excel 11.8169.8122 sp3 and just successfully tested
this.

Sub veryhidden()
Sheets("sheet2").Visible = xlVeryHidden
'Sheets("sheet2").Visible = True
End Sub

I also tested this. BOTH worked to make the sheet VERYhidden ??????
Sheets("sheet2").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"papou" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Don
You are right same result because same version.
As far as I can see in the Objects Explorer:
xlVeryHidden belongs to Excel Constants class
and
xlSheetVeryHidden belongs to XlSheetVisibility class
(and this is also the Value available from the Property list of a sheet)
hence my answer to K1KKKA.

Cordially
Pascal

"papou" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh that is awful! In XP, xlsheethidden returns 2, in 2003 it returns 0.

I don't get that at all. I get:

Excel 2000
----------------------
xlHidden = 0