Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default error indicator menu

Hi,

Is there a keyboard shortcut to access the Error Indicator menu in Excel 2003?

Trying to record a macro that needs to change a column of numbers that are
stored as text so they are stored as numbers.

For some reason using 'Format', 'cells' and choosing the number format does
not change the way the data is stored so the only way to do this appears to
be to click the error indicator and choose the 'convert to number' option.
Unfortunately mouse clicks dont work when recording macros so I need to
somehow access that error indicator menu via the keyboard.

Any ideas?

Regards
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As you've seen, changing the format of a cell doesn't change the underlying
value.

One way to change a range of text numbers to number numbers:
select an empty cell
edit|copy
select the range to fix
edit|Paste special|values and Add