Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sort horizontally?

Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a way to arrange numbers from the largest to the
smallest when those numbers are in a row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is:-

Select your row then:-

data|Sort|Options|Left to right

Select ascending or descending
Click OK

Mike
"Niniel" wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a way to arrange numbers from the largest to the
smallest when those numbers are in a row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cool, that wasn't all that difficult.

Just out of curisosity - can this be programmed as well? So that when my
input cells get populated, I can pick up the re-arranged numbers in another
row without having to do anything else?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say that your original numbers are in Row 1.

Enter this formula *anywhere* (except Row 1), and drag across to copy as
needed:

=LARGE(1:1,COLUMNS($A$1:A1))

--
HTH,

RD

"Niniel" wrote in message
Cool, that wasn't all that difficult.

Just out of curisosity - can this be programmed as well? So that when my
input cells get populated, I can pick up the re-arranged numbers in
another
row without having to do anything else?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Very cool!

I had to tinker with it a bit since I had other date in the same row that I
didn't want sorted, but I just moved my target data to an otherwise empty
row, so now it's working like a charm.

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can configure the formula to reference a pre-determined range, so that
you could use the rest of the row for your other data.

For example, say your original numbers were only occupying, say 15 columns,
from V9 to AJ9.

You could then enter this formula *anywhere*:

=LARGE($V$9:$AJ$9,COLUMNS($A$1:A1))

Even in say B9, and copy it across to P9.

--
HTH,

RD

"Niniel" wrote in message
Very cool!

I had to tinker with it a bit since I had other date in the same row that
didn't want sorted, but I just moved my target data to an otherwise empty
row, so now it's working like a charm.

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. Now my little calculator sheet looks even nicer. :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, and thanks for the feed-back.

RD