Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Average score from repeating records?

So I have a list of IDs (repeating) and scores like this:
A B
4710051 3
4710051 3
4710064 4
4710064 2
4710070 4
4710070 5
4710070 4

I make a list of unique IDs in col. C. And then I need a formula or
VBA routine to get the average score and put it in col. D.

C D
4710051 3
4710064 3

..
..
..

Before (thanks to this group) I could get the MAX, like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(MAX(($A$2:$A$5988=$c2)*$B$2:$B$5988))

But I can't just substitute AVERAGE() for MAX, so don't know what to
do. Help appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100=C1,B1:B100))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
HTH

Bob

"Ptyrider" wrote in message
ups.com...
So I have a list of IDs (repeating) and scores like this:
A B
4710051 3
4710051 3
4710064 4
4710064 2
4710070 4
4710070 5
4710070 4

I make a list of unique IDs in col. C. And then I need a formula or
VBA routine to get the average score and put it in col. D.

C D
4710051 3
4710064 3

.
.
.

Before (thanks to this group) I could get the MAX, like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(MAX(($A$2:$A$5988=$c2)*$B$2:$B$5988))

But I can't just substitute AVERAGE() for MAX, so don't know what to
do. Help appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMIF(A:A,C2,B:B)/COUNTIF(A:A,C2)

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Ptyrider€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks!!! Great solutions and I've already implemented.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€˛Ptyrider€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Thanks!!! Great solutions and I've already implemented.