Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Duplicate sorts

I have 40K rows of data....some data is unique while some is
duplicated,..occuring at least twice...I want to get only the duplicated
data....how do i filter it? Unique records give ALL of the unique data. I
need just the data that is being repeated. Pls help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say your duplicated KEYS are in column A. Enter formula =COUNTIF($A:$A,A2)1
in a helper column, fill it down until your last row, and Autofilter helper
column to TRUE!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Malik€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have 40K rows of data....some data is unique while some is
duplicated,..occuring at least twice...I want to get only the duplicated
data....how do i filter it? Unique records give ALL of the unique data. I
need just the data that is being repeated. Pls help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add a helper column, and a header, with a formula of

=COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2)1

copied down, and then set criteria of the header and TRUE, and filter using
those criteria.

--
HTH

Bob

"Malik" wrote in message
I have 40K rows of data....some data is unique while some is
duplicated,..occuring at least twice...I want to get only the duplicated
data....how do i filter it? Unique records give ALL of the unique data. I
need just the data that is being repeated. Pls help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After showing unique data with Advanced Filter, you can invert the selection
to show just duplicated data. Select the data range then press (or select):

1. Alt+; (Edit Goto Special Visible Cells)
2. Alt+DFS (Data Filter Show All)
3. Ctrl+9 (Format Rows Hide)

You can then select data then Alt+; again and copy to a new sheet.
To show all data again select all cells and unhide rows.
(This method can be used to invert any filtered selection.)