Sparke

Default CHART COLOR SCHEMES IN EXCEL 2003

I can't seen to find how to create my own color scheme for some bar charts.
I want to define my own colors and use them for every chart I create. I
remember in earlier versions of excel, I was given the option of creating my
own color scheme by selecting a chart and makiing my changes, but now I'm
having to do that with each individual chart.

help, please
tjtjjtjt

For the file you are in, you can go to:
Tools | Options | Color
Modify the Chart Fills and Chart Lines as desired.

You can copy color scemes from other open files from this dialog as well.

For more info on this topic and the color palette in general, seel:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm

tj

"Sparke" wrote:

I can't seen to find how to create my own color scheme for some bar charts.
I want to define my own colors and use them for every chart I create. I
remember in earlier versions of excel, I was given the option of creating my
own color scheme by selecting a chart and makiing my changes, but now I'm
having to do that with each individual chart.

help, please

Sparke

I want to create a color scheme for charts in a report. Each time I create a
chart, I have to manually change the colors. I'm trying to create new charts
with the color scheme I previously created. I don't need new pallettes,
thanks.

"Sparke" wrote:

I can't seen to find how to create my own color scheme for some bar charts.
I want to define my own colors and use them for every chart I create. I
remember in earlier versions of excel, I was given the option of creating my
own color scheme by selecting a chart and makiing my changes, but now I'm
having to do that with each individual chart.

help, please

Gord Dibben

Sparke

Make User Defined Chart(s) that will be the basis for all charts.

Jon Peltier has the steps at his site.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...stomTypes.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Sparke" wrote:

I can't seen to find how to create my own color scheme for some bar charts.
I want to define my own colors and use them for every chart I create. I
remember in earlier versions of excel, I was given the option of creating my
own color scheme by selecting a chart and makiing my changes, but now I'm
having to do that with each individual chart.

help, please

tjtjjtjt

Gord has supplied you with a good laternative then.
I would point out that the Chart colors are controlled by the palette,
however. Therefore, customizing the palette would let you set yor chart color
scheme without many steps.

tj