-   -   If cell value =0 then show "" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160664-if-cell-value-%3D0-then-show.html)

Geo

If cell value =0 then show ""

I have the following formula:

=SUM(D20:H20)/5
How can I add the following to the formula: (G41=0,"",)
I need it to show an empty cell if the figure is 0.
Thank you
--
Geo

JE McGimpsey

If cell value =0 then show ""

One way:

=IF(SUM(D20:H20)=0,"",SUM(D20:H20)/5)

In article ,
Geo wrote:

I have the following formula:

=SUM(D20:H20)/5
How can I add the following to the formula: (G41=0,"",)
I need it to show an empty cell if the figure is 0.
Thank you

Geo

If cell value =0 then show ""

Thank you JE,
That works well
--
Geo

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

=IF(SUM(D20:H20)=0,"",SUM(D20:H20)/5)

In article ,
Geo wrote:

I have the following formula:

=SUM(D20:H20)/5
How can I add the following to the formula: (G41=0,"",)
I need it to show an empty cell if the figure is 0.
Thank you

Ian

If cell value =0 then show ""

Another option is to go to Tools Options View and deselect the "Zero
values" tickbox.

--
Ian
--