Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating and transit time excel formula

When I create a transit time sum it includes the weekends as it calculates
the time between 2 dates/time. Can anyone help and advise on how I can add to
my sum to minus the weekends?
Thanks
Neal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you use the WEEKDAY function on a date it will return 5 for a
Friday and 1 for Monday. Perhaps you can check for these and subtract
48 hours if your dates return these values.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 3, 3:59 pm, Neal C <Neal wrote:
When I create a transit time sum it includes the weekends as it calculates
the time between 2 dates/time. Can anyone help and advise on how I can add to
my sum to minus the weekends?
Thanks
Neal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps I've misunderstood what you're trying to do. I assumed that you had
calculated the difference between 2 times, and got a time period which
included weekends. You now wanted to exclude weekend time from that. Won't
the difference between (INT(end_date)-INT(start_date)) and
(NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date)-1) be the number of weekend days which you
are trying to exclude? Where do you "have to list the weekends"?

[There may, of course, be confusion if you are starting and/or finishing
your interval at a weekend, but you haven't specified how you want to treat
such situations. In that situation you may want to invoke the WEEKDAY
function to adjust the answer.]
--
David Biddulph