Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PJ PJ is offline

Default Limiting cell size to 25 characters

Does anyone know if there is a way to limit a cell/column to a certain number
of letters and/or numbers. I want the system to stop accepting data once I
hit 25 characters. This would save me having to count the data to make sure I
haven't exceeded 25.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use Data/Validation to limit the length of the entry *after* the
entry is made (i.e., reject an entry 25 characters), but you can't
limit cell entries at an arbitrary number of characters.

In article ,
pj wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to limit a cell/column to a certain number
of letters and/or numbers. I want the system to stop accepting data once I
hit 25 characters. This would save me having to count the data to make sure I
haven't exceeded 25.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use data validation to limit minimum/maximum character lengths.

Click DATA in the menu, select VALIDATION. In the ALLOW combo box select
TEXT LENGTH, in the DATA combo box select BETWEEN, then set your lower and
upper limits
--
Kevin Backmann