Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cam Cam is offline

Default MDAY calculation

Hello,

Is there a way in Excel to calculate MDAY (date not including weekend)?

For example:
Ship date = 12/20/07,

I need a formula to calculated 25 days before ship date with weekend date
not counting (5 day a week). Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With shipping date in A1

=WORKDAY(A1,-25)

note that you can put holidays there as well

=WORKDAY(A1,-25,holidays)

also note that WORKDAY is part of the Analysis ToolPak, look it up in help

Peo Sjoblom