Ann Shaw

Default Calendar in Excel

Hi

I recently saw a nice little macro in a spreadsheet that
opened a Calendar on screen and by clicking on the
calendar, entered a date in a cell. I would like to do
this - I tried

Sub OpenCalendar()
frmCalendar.Show
End Sub

But this came up with Object error?????

Any ideas on how to do this but keep it simple - my
objective would be to attach this macro to a button on
screen which I have no problem with once I get the right
steps to show the Calendar.

Thanks a million in advance..

Ann
Harald Staff

Hi Ann

This is not easy; Excel does not contain a calendar. Access does however.
Ron has a description at
http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

Orlando has an alternative calendar at
http://cpap.com.br/orlando/#Calendar

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Ann Shaw" skrev i melding
Hi

I recently saw a nice little macro in a spreadsheet that
opened a Calendar on screen and by clicking on the
calendar, entered a date in a cell. I would like to do
this - I tried

Sub OpenCalendar()
frmCalendar.Show
End Sub

But this came up with Object error?????

Any ideas on how to do this but keep it simple - my
objective would be to attach this macro to a button on
screen which I have no problem with once I get the right
steps to show the Calendar.

Thanks a million in advance..

Ann

Jason Morin

You can use Microsoft's built-in calender with a
reference to Microsoft Calendar Control. Nick Hodge has a
workbook you can download from his website that
demonstrates this:

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/vba/codeexamples.htm

Look for "Calendar in a worksheet".

HTH