Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is it possible to run new and old version on one computer???

Hi,
I am wondering if its possible to use both versions on the one computer.
I am studying externally at Uni and the text book and Uni system operates on
the older version and not 2007 - given that the subject is 'Business
Mathematics and Stats" i really need to be able to follow the text book
exactly. Upon perusing this book i have realised that it will be extremely
difficult comprehending the commands from text book to system.
Please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, I don't mean that Sandy (although Office 2003 SP3 sounds a bit dodgy). I
mean don't upgrade the existing version to a new version, as that leaves
just the one version.

I agree, that if the copy you have doesn't include the SPs, download these
and install as well (there are none for 2007 yet).

--
HTH

Bob

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
Hi Bob,

Not that I have the problem myself, having only one version of XL, but
just to make what you are saying clear in my mind, by *and don't upgrade,
do a fresh install.* do you mean not installing XL service packs? You
never know, one day.........

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Yeah, no problem (I have 4 on one computer). Just make sure you install
in different directories, and don't upgrade, do a fresh install.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Tracey" wrote in message
I am wondering if its possible to use both versions on the one computer.
I am studying externally at Uni and the text book and Uni system
operates on
the older version and not 2007 - given that the subject is 'Business
Mathematics and Stats" i really need to be able to follow the text book
exactly. Upon perusing this book i have realised that it will be
extremely
difficult comprehending the commands from text book to system.
Please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob,
Thank you for your answer, this is extremely helpful i can't explain how
relieved i am.

thank you again
Tracey