Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional formatting help!

I have already a spreadsheet with traffic lights on it to show status in
projects. What I want to do is have a summary of the traffic lights for that
row. IE if all are green then the summary will appear green. If some are
amber and some green, but the majority are amber for instance I want the
summary to show amber.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob

I dont need to count the colours - I need to summarise the colours by using
a colour. I.E I have a row of 52 cells, one for each week. In these cells I
have already formatting which allows me to say if that project task or
milestone is RAG (red amber green).

I wish to summarise at the end of that row the colours. Ie if majority are
amber then the main square will show Amber, if green then it will show green
and so on and so forth.

Can you or anyone else help??

"Nicole" wrote in message
I have already a spreadsheet with traffic lights on it to show status in
projects. What I want to do is have a summary of the traffic lights for
that
row. IE if all are green then the summary will appear green. If some are
amber and some green, but the majority are amber for instance I want the
summary to show amber.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nicole,

You have to count them to summarise them. To know if the majority are amber,
you have to count the ambers, red and greens. Then you CF a cell based upon
those results.

--
HTH

Bob