Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing On One Page Using Print-Area

I can send the excel sheet but it looks like:
a b c q r s
hea bea cea de re qq

One active worksheet where I have used print area and selected columns
a,b,c,q,r, a s to print.
Unable to have that print out on one page, even though there is more than
enough room to fit. Columns a,b,c print on one page. Columns q,r,s on the
second page.

I would like all six columns to print on one page. There is more than enough
room.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. I can if no other options. I freeze the first three columns, and then
display different columns on the right hand pane depending on the month. Not
sure what 'triggers' excel to believe that no further room on first page.
thanks.

"Wondering" wrote:

Hide columns D through P.

"whynot" wrote in message
I can send the excel sheet but it looks like:
a b c q r s
hea bea cea de re qq

One active worksheet where I have used print area and selected columns
a,b,c,q,r, a s to print.
Unable to have that print out on one page, even though there is more than
enough room to fit. Columns a,b,c print on one page. Columns q,r,s on the
second page.

I would like all six columns to print on one page. There is more than
enough
room.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With A, B and C frozen, you cannot just scroll over and show Q, R and S and
expect Excel to print just those 6 columns as one print range.

The intervening columns are not hidden, just scrolled underneath A, B and C

You must actually hide them as Wondering suggested.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 16:59:00 -0700, whynot
wrote:

Thanks. I can if no other options. I freeze the first three columns, and then
display different columns on the right hand pane depending on the month. Not
sure what 'triggers' excel to believe that no further room on first page.
thanks.

"Wondering" wrote:

Hide columns D through P.

"whynot" wrote in message
I can send the excel sheet but it looks like:
a b c q r s
hea bea cea de re qq

One active worksheet where I have used print area and selected columns
a,b,c,q,r, a s to print.
Unable to have that print out on one page, even though there is more than
enough room to fit. Columns a,b,c print on one page. Columns q,r,s on the
second page.

I would like all six columns to print on one page. There is more than
enough
room.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks, understand. not sure the frozen columns are the issue. used print
area to select items abc, qrs. it a problem i thought others woud encounter.
a b c q r
Housing Total Owed Remaining Sept Owe Sept pay Date Paid
A,b,c are headers, and q,r,s are monthly payments. After a bit all of the
columns no longer fit, and you don't need to know what you paid four months
ago. Was looking for a more elegant solution, but will go ahead and hide the
columns.
thanks for writing,

wrote:

Thanks. I can if no other options. I freeze the first three columns, and then
display different columns on the right hand pane depending on the month. Not
sure what 'triggers' excel to believe that no further room on first page.
thanks.

"Wondering" wrote:

Hide columns D through P.

"whynot" wrote in message
I can send the excel sheet but it looks like:
a b c q r s
hea bea cea de re qq

One active worksheet where I have used print area and selected columns
a,b,c,q,r, a s to print.
Unable to have that print out on one page, even though there is more than
enough room to fit. Columns a,b,c print on one page. Columns q,r,s on the
second page.

I would like all six columns to print on one page. There is more than
enough
room.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel will not accept non-contiguous print ranges on one sheet.

What I and others do for this type of operation is set up custom views.

ViewCustom ViewAdd.........add a view with full sheet showing. Name it
fullsheet.

Hide the columns and rows you don't want printed and name this printabcqrs.

Now you can switch views at will for viewing and printing.

Add the Custom Views Icon to your toolbar for choosing.

Gord

wrote:

Thanks. I can if no other options. I freeze the first three columns, and then
display different columns on the right hand pane depending on the month. Not
sure what 'triggers' excel to believe that no further room on first page.
thanks.

"Wondering" wrote:

Hide columns D through P.

"whynot" wrote in message
I can send the excel sheet but it looks like:
a b c q r s
hea bea cea de re qq

One active worksheet where I have used print area and selected columns
a,b,c,q,r, a s to print.
Unable to have that print out on one page, even though there is more than
enough room to fit. Columns a,b,c print on one page. Columns q,r,s on the
second page.

I would like all six columns to print on one page. There is more than
enough
room.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That worked. Thanks a lot!!.

wrote:

Thanks. I can if no other options. I freeze the first three columns, and then
display different columns on the right hand pane depending on the month. Not
sure what 'triggers' excel to believe that no further room on first page.
thanks.

"Wondering" wrote:

Hide columns D through P.