Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy and paste visual cells only in Excel

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has a column of business names with
addresses and telephone numbers. I have hidden the non meaningful
information. I want to copy this list to an other column, spreadsheet, or
where ever, so that I can paste just the visual cells information.
At one time I thought that this was possible through the paste options box.
Or am I dreaming of a different dimension?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the range that you want to copy and do the following:

Press F5, click SPECIAL command button in the lower-left corner and then
click the VISIBLE CELL option button. Click OK

Then just do the copy and paste, and only the visible cells will be pasted.
--
Kevin Backmann

"MermaidHunter" wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has a column of business names with
addresses and telephone numbers. I have hidden the non meaningful
information. I want to copy this list to an other column, spreadsheet, or
where ever, so that I can paste just the visual cells information.
At one time I thought that this was possible through the paste options box.
Or am I dreaming of a different dimension?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you copy a range with some of the rows hidden you'll copy the hidden rows
into the Windows clipboard, but not into the Office clipboard. Do your paste
from the Office clipboard.