Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculations

I have 2 totally separate Excel workbooks open in my toolbar. when I tell it
to calculate 1 of the workbooks manually, it also sets the other workbook to
calculate manually...even though the other workbook doesn't even have
calculations in it. should this be happening? How can I make the manual
calculations apply only to the 1 workbook? Thanks for your help.
--
Rich D
Armstrong Custom Homes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

The calculation settings are per session, not per workbook, you wuld need
to open two sessions to have one be automatic and the other manual. You
would not then becable to copy and paste equartions between them.

"Rich D" wrote:

I have 2 totally separate Excel workbooks open in my toolbar. when I tell it
to calculate 1 of the workbooks manually, it also sets the other workbook to
calculate manually...even though the other workbook doesn't even have
calculations in it. should this be happening? How can I make the manual
calculations apply only to the 1 workbook? Thanks for your help.
--
Rich D
Armstrong Custom Homes
Redmond

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007, all options are at the Excel level and apply to all
workbooks, except those options which say "this worksheet" or "this
workbook" in the options titles - see: Advanced under Excel Options. If two
instances of Excel are running, changing the Excel level options in one
instance may change the options in the other instance. For example, changing
the calculation mode in one instance does not affect the other instance.
However, choosing whether or not to display the developer tab in one
instance affects the other instance.