Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Maintain custom color (shading) in spreadsheet

Hello,

I'm trying to maintain a custom color shading within my spreadsheet. I
select Tools- Options- Color- Modify and I select the color I like. I then
email my spreadsheet out to other users but when they open my file, the
custom color is gone and the original color comes back to the spreadsheet.

How do I maintain my custom color and shading within my spreadsheet so that
other users see the same formatting?

Thanks,
Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lia lia is offline

Scott,

I am having the same problem. On 6/15/04 G. Sesame asked a similar question:

Hello.
I have saved three custom colors in my fill color box. Whenever I send a
file containing these custom colors to another user, the user doesn't see the
custom color, but the default color from their fill palatte. Is there a way
to maintain the custom colors when I send to other users? Perhaps a saving a
color profile with the file.

G. Sesame was refered to this website that looks old fashioned, but I would
give it a try to see if it works.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm

It looks as if you have to program in your specific colors to each work
sheet in order for another user to see it.