Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto Filter Summary in Status Bar

I have a spreadsheet where I've set the Autofilter. The basic filtering is
working but it used to give me a summary in the status bar (e.g. "Showing 34
of 2388" or something like that). Now it's not working.

Having had a search through this section I thought I'd found the solution,
but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I have right-clicked on the status
bar to ensure that the SUM option is ticked and it is. I've unticked and
ticked it again, but still I'm not getting the filter data appearing.

Anything ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Andrew, see if this will help,
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count