Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inverting sign

How do I invert (change) the sign in a column of numbers?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You want negatives to become positives and positives to become negatives?

Enter -1 in an empty cell.

Copy that and select the column then EditPaste Special(in
place)MultiplyOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:25:00 -0700, Cheek
wrote:

How do I invert (change) the sign in a column of numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

Enter -1 in an empty cell. Copy the cell. Select your column. Choose
Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Multiply radio buttons.