Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If two Columns have Data enter the Amount Question!

Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(OR(H10="",(I10="")),"",H10+I10)

Will show blank if either cell has no value.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 08:03:01 -0700, Killer
wrote:

Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=(H10+I10)*(I100)
Entered in the result cell.
--
Can''''t hear the Rain ?
Then listen to it.

"Killer" wrote:

Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Apologies, gave you a formula for zero not for blanks that's why is important
listening to The Rain myself. Thanks Gord you became the rain.
--
Can''''t hear the Rain ?
Then listen to it.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

=IF(OR(H10="",(I10="")),"",H10+I10)

Will show blank if either cell has no value.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 08:03:01 -0700, Killer
wrote:

Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(COUNT(H10:I10)=2,H10+I10,"")

"Killer" wrote:

Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")
--
David Biddulph

"Killer" wrote in message
Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks guys for the help but I'm still getting a result if Column I10 has no
result. There will always be data in H10 but I10 has no result.

It keeps showing result from H10!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")
--
David Biddulph

"Killer" wrote in message
Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you look at my earlier post?

=IF(OR(H10="",(I10="")),"",H10+I10)

Will show blank if either cell is empty.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:33:05 -0700, Killer
wrote:

Thanks guys for the help but I'm still getting a result if Column I10 has no
result. There will always be data in H10 but I10 has no result.

It keeps showing result from H10!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")
--
David Biddulph

"Killer" wrote in message
Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're trying to tell us that I10 doesn't have a number but you're not
seeing a blank in the result, then you've either got the formula wrong, or a
problem with your calculation mode. Tools/ Options/ Calculation, set it to
Automatic not Manual.
--
David Biddulph

"Killer" wrote in message
Thanks guys for the help but I'm still getting a result if Column I10 has
no
result. There will always be data in H10 but I10 has no result.

It keeps showing result from H10!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")

"Killer" wrote in message
Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes i gave this a try and it's still showing a data.

G10 has this formula
=IF(COUNT(F10,G10)=2,F10+G10,"")

I10 has this forumla
=SUMIF('W5'!$B$10:$B$49,$B8,'W5'!$AN$10:$AN$49)

J10 has this formula
=IF(OR(H10="",(I10="")),"",H10+I10)

Would the formula be the problem?

wrote:

Thanks guys for the help but I'm still getting a result if Column I10 has no
result. There will always be data in H10 but I10 has no result.

It keeps showing result from H10!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")
--
David Biddulph

"Killer" wrote in message
Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes the Calculation are on automatic not manual.

"Killer" wrote in message
Thanks guys for the help but I'm still getting a result if Column I10 has
no
result. There will always be data in H10 but I10 has no result.

It keeps showing result from H10!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")

"Killer" wrote in message
Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So the likelihood is that your formula is wrong. Tell us what formula you
have (copy & paste, don't retype), what result you are getting, and what
values are in the input cells.

If you are getting a result from the formula dependent on the condition
=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,... then set up an extra cell to see what result you
get from =COUNT(H10,I10), and if you can't see numbers in both H10 and I10,
check that you haven't got values which are invisible because of formatting
(either base formatting or conditional formatting).
--
David Biddulph

"Killer" wrote in message
Thanks guys for the help but I'm still getting a result if Column I10
has
no
result. There will always be data in H10 but I10 has no result.

It keeps showing result from H10!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")

"Killer" wrote in message
Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey David

Thanks for the help but I have tried everything!

If you like maybe you can take alook and see if I'm missing something...

http://nghl.ca/Football_Pool.xls

Look under Mater tab you'll see weeks from 1 -17 weeks...

Thanks again!

wrote:

Thanks guys for the help but I'm still getting a result if Column I10 has no
result. There will always be data in H10 but I10 has no result.

It keeps showing result from H10!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")
--
David Biddulph

"Killer" wrote in message
Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The cell that you were regarding as blank registered as TRUE if you did
=ISNUMBER(), and that's why the COUNT() came to 2.
The cell had a formula =SUMIF(), so it was neither blank nor empty.
--
David Biddulph

wrote:

Thanks guys for the help but I'm still getting a result if Column I10
has no
result. There will always be data in H10 but I10 has no result.

It keeps showing result from H10!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")
--
David Biddulph

"Killer" wrote in message
Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey David

I don't follow what your suggesting!

wrote:

Thanks guys for the help but I'm still getting a result if Column I10
has no
result. There will always be data in H10 but I10 has no result.

It keeps showing result from H10!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")
--
David Biddulph

"Killer" wrote in message
Example:

H10 = 12
I10 = Blank

Result should be left blank

If

H10 = 12
I10 = 8

Result should be 20

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You've got a number in the cell, so that's why it doesn't satisfy the
formula you were given. As ever, the secret in getting a working answer is
to ask the right question. Your subject line talked about "If two Columns
have Data", and the text of your question talked about "I10 = Blank" as the
condition for getting a blank answer, so those are the questions which I and
others answered, but you *do* have data, you *don't* have a blank, you have
a zero, and that is why the answer to the question you asked doesn't give
the result you wanted for the question you *didn't* ask. [This, of course,
is one danger in suppressing display of zero values. You need to remember
that they are still there, even if you decide you don't want to see them.]
--
David Biddulph

wrote:

Thanks guys for the help but I'm still getting a result if Column
I10
has no
result. There will always be data in H10 but I10 has no result.

It keeps showing result from H10!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(H10,I10)=2,H10+I10,"")

"Killer" wrote in message