Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Consolidation & Replication

We have similar worksheets inside an excel file which in the end end up being
consolidated. I would have preferred having more centralised control as to
what goes on in each worksheet, because right now, each worksheet can have
its own divergent errors and I won't know what is going on. I'm an engineer,
and I have tended to prefer things I can program so that I can control things
from the highest level. What annoys me about Excel is that you can have so
many opportunities to make mistakes. And not enough opportunities to check.
I'm also dealing with people who are likely to fight each other and so things
have to be put in a way that can be tested by each side and have to be the
simplest possible in case someone decides to elevate the argument.

- = -
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You do have control over errors to a point.

Worksheets can have certain cells locked so's data cannot be entered or changed.

Cells can have Data Validation rules placed upon them to prevent incorrect data
being entered.

As far as being annoyed with Excel for allowing mistakes, that would be true for
any application, not just Excel.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP