-   -   Can not reset default number of copies to print. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160112-can-not-reset-default-number-copies-print.html)

gthomas

Can not reset default number of copies to print.

I can not reset the default number of copies to print in one Excel document.
It defaults to 4 every time and I want to set it back to 1. Any ideas?

Bob I

Can not reset default number of copies to print.

Start, Settings, printers and faxes, r-click the printer in question,
Printing preferences, set copies to 1.

gthomas wrote:

I can not reset the default number of copies to print in one Excel document.
It defaults to 4 every time and I want to set it back to 1. Any ideas?

gthomas

Can not reset default number of copies to print.

I found this solution at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284874

Change the Printer's Default Number of Copies Setting
1. Quit Excel if it is open.
2. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
3. Double-click your default printer.
4. On the Printer menu, click Properties.
5. In Printer Properties dialog box, locate the setting for Number of Copies
to be printed.

The location of this setting varies depending on the printer and driver that
are installed.
6. Start Excel, and then open the workbook.
7. On the File menu, click New, and then click Blank Workbook on the New
Workbook task pane.
8. On the Window menu, click the original workbook.
9. To select all the cells in the worksheet, press CTRL+A or click the
selection box at the intersection of the row numbers and column headers.
10. On the Edit menu, click Copy.
11. On the Window menu, click the new workbook, and then on the Edit menu,
click Paste.
12. Repeat steps 8 through 11 until all the worksheets are copied from the
original workbook to the new workbook, and then save the new workbook.
13. On the File menu, click Print.
14. Verify that the Number of Copies setting is correct.

This worked, but I was hoping for an in document fix...

Thanks, Glenn

gthomas wrote:

I can not reset the default number of copies to print in one Excel document.
It defaults to 4 every time and I want to set it back to 1. Any ideas?

Bob I

Can not reset default number of copies to print.

"the solution you found" is the same as I posted. Please understand that
you "can't do it in the document" as it isn't "in the document", Excel
merely "shows" you the printer settings and those are maintained in the
user profile by the operating system. You may "change" the settings
while "in the document" and use them, but closing and reopening Excel
will reload the defaults you store in your printer preferences.