Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default turn macro into add-in

I have a macro using vbscript that I would like to turn into an add-in so I
can put it on multiple computers. I'd also like to add a button on the
toolbar that will launch the code. Is there an easy way to do so?

Thanks...

--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike

Try Dave's example
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mike Brearley" wrote in message ...
I have a macro using vbscript that I would like to turn into an add-in so I
can put it on multiple computers. I'd also like to add a button on the
toolbar that will launch the code. Is there an easy way to do so?

Thanks...

--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I bet Ron meant the second one:

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

Ron de Bruin wrote:

Hi Mike

Try Dave's example
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mike Brearley" wrote in message ...
I have a macro using vbscript that I would like to turn into an add-in so I
can put it on multiple computers. I'd also like to add a button on the
toolbar that will launch the code. Is there an easy way to do so?

Thanks...

--
Mike

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike

Just another thing to consider: Excel 2007 (and probably all upcoming
versions) do not have toolbars anymore. See Ron's site (
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm )on how to add buttons to the new
interface.

Best wishes Harald