-   -   Auto fill-in text and importing information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160005-auto-fill-text-importing-information.html)

gabe

Auto fill-in text and importing information

I have a large list of people in excel (about 200 people) and a large word
list that is in label format (again, about 200 other people). What I want to
do is send a form letter to all of these people (alumni of my organization).
I want to know if I can set a certain selection of text to auto fill from the
cells in excel. For example, I have the first name in box a (in excel) and
last name in box b (in excel). I would like to fill in the name line in word
to fill in with box a and b from excel. So on and so fourth including
address and title. Is this possible at all?

Gord Dibben

Auto fill-in text and importing information

Gabe

For help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP