Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with copy/paste

Morning. I want to paste multiple lines of text (recipe ingredients
list) in just one cell. I'm using Excel 2003 and what's doing is
pasting in multiple rows. Any help will be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

Click in the Formula box (in the Formula bar) first.

In article om,
wrote:

Morning. I want to paste multiple lines of text (recipe ingredients
list) in just one cell. I'm using Excel 2003 and what's doing is
pasting in multiple rows. Any help will be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the text to be pasted from another application?

Paste the text into the formula bar, not into a cell.

Is the text from multiple cells in Excel?

You would need to write a formula to combine the cells into one cell.

=A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1 & " " & D1 etc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:40:35 -0000, wrote:

Morning. I want to paste multiple lines of text (recipe ingredients
list) in just one cell. I'm using Excel 2003 and what's doing is
pasting in multiple rows. Any help will be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't say what you're pasting from, and what ASCII characters are
separating your lines.

You may find that if you select the cell and paste into the cell it will
split intio multiple rows, but if you paste into the formula bar it will
keep in one cell. Worth trying.
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
ps.com...
Morning. I want to paste multiple lines of text (recipe ingredients
list) in just one cell. I'm using Excel 2003 and what's doing is
pasting in multiple rows. Any help will be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:
Morning. I want to paste multiple lines of text (recipe ingredients
list) in just one cell. I'm using Excel 2003 and what's doing is
pasting in multiple rows. Any help will be appreciated!- Hide quoted text -

Thank you! It worked like a charm.