Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need help with cell format custom

I have a worksheet that list my magazine collection and I am having problems
with the cell formats. In my shopping cart program I had entered many of
the product titles and when exported as a cvs the titles exported fine and
were listed as a General Format.

My problem is when I try to add more titles which includes dates like
"February 1980 Issue" I run into a problem. Is there anyway that I can
create a custom format which will give me February 1980 Issue" and then
when I drag more cells it will change the month and year but keep the
"Issue" at the end of the date. I'd like the results to end up looking like
this

January 2004 Issue

February 2004 Issue

March 2004 Issue

April 2004 Issue

May 2004 Issue

June 2004 Issue

July 2004 Issue

August 2004 Issue

September 2004 Issue

October 2004 Issue

November 2004 Issue

December 2004 Issue

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

FormatCellsNumberCustom mmmm yyyy " Issue"

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Just Me" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good morning-
I got results by left-clicking Format cells, then selecting Custom; in
the "Type" dropdown box you can paste in
mmmm yyyy "issue"

In that cell you can enter an Excel compatible date and the month,
year, and the word "issue" will display. You can then use formulas
such as EDATE() and EOMONTH() that reference those cells.

Dave O