Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Can Pivot Table show headings beside the row labels ?

Dear Sir

Lets consider the following raw data

Raw Data
Staff Code Month Amount
Jim K1 1 200
Betty K2 1 400
Kim K3 2 500
Tom K4 3 350
Pat K5 4 220

If I take the Staff Code as my roe label and Month as my column label when
creating a Pivot Table, I would get a table as illustrated below:

Pivot Table
Code 1 2 3 4
K1 xxx xxx
K2 xxx
K3
K4
K5

Is there a way for me to show the staff name at the left of the staff code
while creating the Pivot Table ?

At present, I am using the VLOOKUP formula to fill up this data.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I took your data and just dropped Staff in front of Code and got this (after
changing the Aggregation option of Staff to None)

Staff Code 1 2 3 4
Betty K2 400
Jim K1 200
Kim K3 500
Pat K5 220
Tom K4 350

I also removed the totals for rows and columns as you did. Is this what you
are looking for...

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mr. Low" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Can Pivot Table show headings beside the row label

Hello Jim,

Your suggestion works well.

Many thanks.

Low