Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default File download for Excel

All,

I'm having a problem downloading files to Microsoft Excel 2003. It gives me
the option to open or save the file, the next screen is the file download
screen. It stays on that screen without downloading. That screens has
estimated time left, download to, transfer rate. Somehow I need to make
download to 'Temporary Folder', and I think it will start downloading. Any
tips, suggestions on how to make my files downoad to temporary folder would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think 1 of 2 things are happening.

1) It is a large file and you just aren't waiting long enough.
2) the file is being blocked. Usually in this case a large gray rectangle
at the top of you Internet explorer will indicate that the file has been
blocked. You have to click the box and allow files to be temporairly
unblocked.

If you have the yahoo.com add-in on your browser you have to open the block
pull-down and allow the file to be unblocked. there are lots of different
blockers so you may need to use other methods to get the file unblocked.

"R_SHERER" wrote:

All,

I'm having a problem downloading files to Microsoft Excel 2003. It gives me
the option to open or save the file, the next screen is the file download
screen. It stays on that screen without downloading. That screens has
estimated time left, download to, transfer rate. Somehow I need to make
download to 'Temporary Folder', and I think it will start downloading. Any
tips, suggestions on how to make my files downoad to temporary folder would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've tried both options, I've waited over 30 mins and no pop-ups, or other
apps blocking it. The file is fairly small 16.9 KB. I have an alternate work
computer where it works w/o a problem. I tried mirroring the same settings,
pretty much the same, only difference is when file is downloading on the
computer that's not working it's not designating where to, on the computer
that works it says download to: temporary folder.