Old September 22nd 07, 01:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Design Mode Greyed Out

I can not for the life of me figure out why this button is greyed out. I've
looked all over the web and I'm sure it's a simple solution. If anyone has
any advice why my design mode button is greyed out let me know. Thanks

Old September 22nd 07, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Design mode is greyed out when you do not have anything on the worksheet for
which you can use design mode.

Create a control button or combobox or something and it will come to life.
In fact, it turns on by default when you create the object so you can
continue with the design and you have to turn it off before you can use the
object.

Regards,

OssieMac

Old September 22nd 07, 01:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you using the weird and wonderful Vs 2007? If so, I notice that mine's
greyed out too until I click either the View Code or Properties buttons. Of
course, if you have inserted a form or Active X Control, then the Design
button should not be greyed out.

Vs2007 doesn't seem to behave in the same manner for all people, so you may
have to find your own way to wake it up!

Rob

Old September 22nd 07, 02:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks
That certainly does the trick