Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 enabling macros

One of my main Excel 2003 spreadsheet runs on macros I wrote. I installed
Excel 2007 today, loaded the file.xls on it, the macros run. After saving in
file.xlsm and reloading, the macros don't run anymore. The message is:
"Because of your security settings, macros have been disabled. To run
macros, you need to reopen this workbook, and choose to enable macros."
I have set my macros at the lowest level in the 2007 trust center, as well
as in Excel 2003. When I reopen the workbook, there is no option to "enable
macros"
Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Johan,

I experienced a similar problem when I upgraded. I think it might have been
because I saved the workbook as xlsm before changing my security setting.
Even after changing the security setting, I tried resaving as xlsm with the
same filename but to no avail. Eventually I saved it to another new filename
and closed the workbook and reopened it and hey presto it worked.

I haven't bothered with any extensive testing of the above because I didn't
experience the problems with any of the other files that I converted after
changing my security settings. I have just assumed that the file was
inheriting the security setting when it was initially saved and I couldn't
get rid of that inherited setting unless I changed the filename and the
problem was solved by saving after setting the security.

I'll be interested to hear if it fixes the your problem.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Johan U" wrote:

One of my main Excel 2003 spreadsheet runs on macros I wrote. I installed
Excel 2007 today, loaded the file.xls on it, the macros run. After saving in
file.xlsm and reloading, the macros don't run anymore. The message is:
"Because of your security settings, macros have been disabled. To run
macros, you need to reopen this workbook, and choose to enable macros."
I have set my macros at the lowest level in the 2007 trust center, as well
as in Excel 2003. When I reopen the workbook, there is no option to "enable
macros"
Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Ossie, thanks Jim. I made it work by removing the password.
It looks like the Excel upgrade with Windows XP doesn't appreciate
passwords. I tried with Vista and it works fine...