Edgar Thoemmes

Default Last Date in List

Hi

I have a table set out as follows,

Account Date Text Amount
31405535 01/01/04 nnnn 100000
31405535 12/12/03 tttt 222222
31405535 03/03/05 ttt 122456

There are 5 different accounts which could be entered under Account.
The list is a export from out bank statement, I would like a formula
to display the last date of transaction per account number. For eg in
the above list I would like the formula to return 03/03/05.

Can anyone help?

TIA
Jason Morin

An AutoFilter would work well here. With account #'s in
col. A and dates in col. B, create a new col.
called "Max" in col. E and copy this into E2:

=B2=MAX(($A$2:$A$100=A2)*$B$2:$B$100)

After copying, press ctrl + shift + enter, and fill the
formula all the way down.

Now select the 5 columns and go to Data Filter
AutoFilter and filer for TRUE in col. E.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

.