MW

Default When i save in excelit says document not saved

When i try and save in excel it won't let me, and it won't let me rename the
file and save it.
Peter Rooney

Is your file set to Read Only?

To change this, go into Windows Explorer, find the folder containing your
file, right click the filename and left click "Properties"

Now, remove the checkmark from "Read Only", go back into Excel and try again.

Hope this helps

Pete

Click on File, Save As, then click the "Tools" button at the top left of the
dialog box.

"MW" wrote:

When i try and save in excel it won't let me, and it won't let me rename the
file and save it.

Gord Dibben

MW

Are you on a network and message reads....

"file isn't accessible
unavailable volume or invalid password."

Reports indicate the issue is caused by Windows XP update Q885250.

Uninstalling it appears to resolve the problem.

To uninstall Q885250 go to Control PanelsAdd Remove and click on "Show
Updates".

Scroll to Q885250 and uninstall it.

If not the above............

Check out these threads on google.