Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Standard Deviation Curve

To all who can help,

I work for a company who deals with customer dwell time between areas
of a shopping centre.
They are tracking people between 2 points to see how long they are
spending in a particular area.

I can run reports myself, but using a Java Based program that
interrogates a database of customers, and where they have been.

Anyway, the information I get is this :

Sample Count : 727
Mean Dwell Time in minutes : 9.6818
Standard Deviation : 22.9481

I also can see a standard deviation curve on the screen, but I can't
export this to Excel...

My problem is, that I already KNOW the Standard Deviation and the Mean
Dwell Time, but I want to re-produce these curves in Excel.

I can't see a way of plotting a curve when I already know the Standard
Deviation.
I'm new to this, and I'm probably missing something somewhere - I just
don't know what!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Rachael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may need to provide more information on what you want in your curve. I
just did Google search for Dwell time curve and saw a lot of options.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt