Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting values

I have a column of numbers like that below. I want to coun how many times
each value appears in the column. How do I do that (other than print it out
and count by hand)?

31
30
27
24
23
23
22
20
19
18
18
17
16
16
15
14
13
13
12
12
11
11
11
10
9
9
9
9
8
8
7
7
7
7
6
6
6
6
5
5
4
4
4
4
4
4
4
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the countif function. Here's an example:

=COUNTIF(A1:A12,"31")

where A1:A12 is the entire range of cells you want to use, and 31 is the
value you want to count. In the example, this will count all values of 31
within the range of A1 to A12.

Hope this helps,
Chad