Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BRB BRB is offline

Default Standard Toolbar is missing

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but last Friday I opened an Excel file I
received from a co-worker and noticed the "SAVE" icon was greyed out. I
closed the file and opened a new one and it is still greyed out. When I right
clicked in the toolbar area I noticed the STANDARD toolbaroption was not
there.
Can someone help me get the STANDARD toolbar back? and the SAVE icon?
Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe...
Right click on an empty spot on the toolbar
Select Customize
Make sure Standard is checked
and then select Standard and hit the reset button

If you can't Standard from the Customize dialog, you can try this:

Hit alt-f11 (to see the VBE)
hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
type this and hit enter:
application.commandbars("standard").enabled = true
then type this and hit enter:
application.commandbars("standard").reset

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BRB BRB is offline

Thanks Dave!!!! The VBE option brought back the icons.

However, the SAVE icon is still greyed out and the file is not READ ONLY..

BRB wrote:

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but last Friday I opened an Excel file I
received from a co-worker and noticed the "SAVE" icon was greyed out. I
closed the file and opened a new one and it is still greyed out. When I right
clicked in the toolbar area I noticed the STANDARD toolbaroption was not
there.
Can someone help me get the STANDARD toolbar back? and the SAVE icon?
Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools|Customize (just to see that dialog)
rightclick on the save icon
click reset

If that doesn't work, you can reset all the toolbars.

Close excel
Windows start button|Search
look for *.xlb
in hidden folders, too

Rename them all to *.xlbOLD and restart excel to see if it helps.

If it doesn't help, rename them back to *.xlb.

If it does, delete those *.xlbOLD files and recreate any customized toolbars.