Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003- multiple references

I am creating a spreadsheet of quotes used in other speeches with the source
of the quote and the reference of the speech in which it was given. My
problem is two-fold. Here are my basic columns

Topic Quote Original Reference LDS Refence

When I have multiple topics for a single quote such as with this one:
€œ[God] has infinite attention to spare for each one of us. He does not have
to deal with us in the mass. You are as much alone with Him as if you were
the only being He had ever created. When Christ died, He died for you
individually just as much as if you had been the only man [or woman] in the
world.€

It applies both to atonement and individual worth but I can't filter on two
topics in the same cell and if I give myself multiple rows for topics, how
will I be able to analyze that data. I'm expecting to get hundreds of quotes
from various classic writers.

Secondly, when I have multiple LDS references to a single quote and simply
duplicate the same quote in the quote column, it seems unnecessarily
redundant. I'd like to use multiple sheets or pages and know that after I
collect the data I can do pivot tables but is it best just to have the raw
data in a single massive conglomeration and then make my more specific table
from that?