Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default protect a workbook to email

have been trying to protect a spreadsheet to send out to Budget Responsible
Officers, I have followed the steps through the help menu and have protected
the sheets but as soon as they are e-mailed to someone else then the
protection has gone? How can I keep it protected from the recipient of the
e-mail once the file is e-mailed? i work with Excel 2000
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , ?B?U2hhenph?= wrote:
have been trying to protect a spreadsheet to send out to Budget Responsible
Officers, I have followed the steps through the help menu and have protected
the sheets but as soon as they are e-mailed to someone else then the
protection has gone? How can I keep it protected from the recipient of the
e-mail once the file is e-mailed? i work with Excel 2000

Short answer here is you can't. Protection on xl files is weak at best. Copy
and paste will often break it and if that doesn't work, there are many
useful password crackers out there that will.

If you don't want other to see something, don't send it to them :)
Will copy/paste special/values help you out here ? That will at least take
out the formulae.

HTH